To be advised
Hobart Tasmania is a city of exceptional beauty nestled below the foothills of panoramic Mt. Wellington and along the Derwent River shores.
It is Australia’s second oldest city and it celebrates the heritage charm of the old and the modern buildings of the new.
Tasmania is rich in colonial history and this tour will take us around and beyond Hobart to experience and sketch some of the oldest buildings, villages and bridges in Australia.
Highlights of the tour include
- Exploring Hobart and the historic area of Barrack Point
- Daily sketching locations of historical value
- Travelling from Hobart to visit heritage villages and monuments
- Enjoying the 360˚ views from the summit of Mt. Wellington
- Visit the Allport Museum to see the colonial artefacts
- Daily reviews of sketches
- International artist Leonie Norton provides individual tuition
- The tour pace is relaxed
Included in the tour cost is:
- Small group fully escorted tour, sketching and sightseeing
- 3 days travelling in fully air conditioned mini bus with driver/guide
- 5 days tuition with demonstrations and individual tuition.
- Entrance fees to Port Arthur which includes guided walk and harbour cruise
- Entrance fee to Richmond Gaol
- Daily sketching reviews
- Air fares
- Travel Insurance
- Lunch and dinners
Contact Leonie firstname.lastname@example.org
You will experience the famous Salamanca Markets and sketch some of Hobart’s colonial buildings, as well as historic bridges and churches.
While visiting the famous convict penal colony of Port Arthur you will have time to explore and sketch its many facets.
Explore and sketch around Hobart and learn of its rich history. Daily excursions from Hobart give you the opportunity to visit and sketch many unique historical sites.