24 July – 1 August 2017
The Kelimutu Crater Lakes Eco Lodge is set in a valley beside a burbling river with excellent views of Kelimutu, near the village of Moni in Eastern Flores.
The incredible lakes lie at 1,400m. above sea level in the volcanic craters of Kelimutu, yet each of the three crater lakes are markedly different in color. It is the only place on earth where this amazing color variation takes place. and the changing colours of the water in the lakes is a continuous process without clear explanation.
The village of Moni with its traditional Chief’s house, is only a 15 minute walk away. The Lodge has extensive varieties of exotic plants and flowers, some well suited to the cooler morning and evening climate. These plants will form the basis of the botanical art workshop of a morning, while the afternoons are devoted to sketching the unique local attractions.
- Airport transfersDomestic airfares (Bali-Ende return)
- Accommodation and all meals
- Transport and driver for excursions
- Course tutoring by international tutor Leonie Norton
- International airfares
- Travel insurance
- Optional printmaking workshops
- Visit traditional village and school
- See local weaving using traditional methods
- Sketch waterfall and rice fields
- Gentle walk discovering uses of local plants (optional)
- Mornings devoted to botanical art
- Afternoon excursions with sketching
- Optional afternoon travel sketching
- Two nights in Kingfisher Ecolodge, Bali (before & after tour)
- Opportunity to stay longer in Bali
Optional Printmaking Workshops
British printmaker Alex Robb will hold optional 1 hour evening workshops in basic printmaking techniques. These will include wood and linocuts.
Take home wonderful prints from the plants of Kelimutu garden.
No prior knowledge necessary. All materials supplied.
See Tours & Bookings then Special Guided Tour